Saturday, June 9, 2012

10 on 10, June 2012

I'm quite excited to join some extremely talented ladies from The Bloom Forum for a 10 on 10 challenge- 10 photos of one day. This month I'm happy to introduce myself and my family with these 10 images. (Correction: there are no images of me. Go figure. But, hello, I'm Amy!)

I captured June 6, 2012. We had our second baby 8 days prior and this was our first day just the four of us. We're settling into our new normal and thanking God for the gift of children... and sleep :)

In a jumbled because-I'm-unfamiliar-with-blogger order...

Meet Summer and her daddy, my hubby: Ben.
They're coming in from their run.
Following Daddy's leadership outside- doing squats. Do pardon the princess undies. Clothing is optional for those 3 years old and younger at the Grimme home.

Meet puppy. She is another member of the family... and apparently another member in need of a diaper change.

The wreath I made for our new little lady. I can't take it down.

Speaking of little lady, meet Charlotte Elisabeth- the newest Grimme girl. We're quite smitten.

A visit from our neighbor Miss Ashley. Her celeb status in my almost-3-yr-old's eyes is up there with Cinderella.


She made me a momma.

Reuniting with an old friend.

Hospital flowers on their last leg.

She loves to watch me color. To keep myself entertained, Sleeping Beauty and other princesses get psychedelic wardrobes.
Now do yourself a favor and indulge in the gorgeous images of my good friend Ginger... http://www.gingerunzuetaphotography.com/ten-on-ten-l-the-june-edition/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Amy! I love that you've joined! Congrats on becoming a family of four:)! I love the use of light in all your pics:) gorgeous!

amygrace said...

amy, how wonderful to have you with us, and to be invited into such a momentous time in your family's life. you really captured the feeling of a new baby coming home. and the love. your daughter standing at the door in those little undies just breaks my heart with its cuteness. the light you find is lovely. and what a sweet newborn you have!

Hot Cocoa Photography said...

Ha!! your photos of your daughter really strike home, clothing is optional in our home too!! you really captured your family beautifully!! So glad you are a part of our group!

Ginger said...

Oh Amy. I am so happy you are here as I know the pictures you capture will mean the world to you! I miss you more than words can say and find it so unfair I have not held Charlotte!! So happy for you Grimmes!! Love you!

Sara T said...

Congrats on your newest addition. Beautiful fun filled day. Your little one changing puppy happens everyday in our house.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Amy! Congratulations on the newest addition to your family. I'm so excited that you are starting off with us during such a special time. Your girls are beautiful!

CrisStephens said...

Oh Amy CONGRATULATIONS!!!! there is nothing more beautiful than welcoming your baby! I know is difficult times too,but is so unique, perfect, and priceless. And thank you for participating! we are so lucky! having a newborn and doing your 10-10! super mom!!!!
I love to see your day. To see that happiness in each person's face. I love to see your new bundle of joy. So sweet. beautiful job capturing the moments and great variety. Love how you work with light and the soft edits. So so so beautiful!!! XO

Jennifer said...

Amy - Congratulations!!! I think you are such a wonder woman for getting this post together so soon after welcoming Charlotte home! You have a darling darling family! And I just LOVE the tone/mood/feel of your images!! I am so happy that you are now a part of our group ~ thank you so much for joining us!

Sabrina said...

Welcome Amy! These images are so pretty, I love the soft tones in your images and the way you use the light :) Congratulations on your newest family member, she is very cute :)

I laughed at this: "Sleeping Beauty and other princesses get psychedelic wardrobes." hehe!

janelle said...

Welcome Amy and congratulations on your new arrival! Your girls are beautiful.

Your "reuniting with an old friend" image made me smile. I remember having that same feeling. :)

Clothing was very much optional in my house too.